Wednesday, January 16, 2013

What Brandy Wore: "Paint the Town Red"

 After days of waiting for the sun to shine, alas, it peeked from behind the clouds.
It was quite cold today, and I was feeling inspired by the Great Gatsby film (the original).
I decided to pull out my red vintage trench and knew this was just the look to wear my new Nine West fire engine red cloche!
I am quite possibly the most nostalgic person you could ever meet, I permeate my life with old movies, vintage clothing and antiques that give me a sense of bygone eras. Le sigh.
A movie that hits close to home for me is Midnight in Paris. If you haven't seen it, you should. It's a delightful Woody Allen comedy featuring a main character who suffers from 'golden age sydrome' that is he longs to live in a bygone era, knowing that he doesn't belong in todays modern world.
That's me all over.
Xo












Look:
Coat: Vintage
Cloche: Nine West
Blouse: Marshalls
High-waist sailor jeans: Vintage
Platform pumps: Ebay

No comments:

Post a Comment